Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How it all started (part 2)

Before I moved to Texas, I started looking online for cake decorator jobs in the area I was moving to.  I looked on CraigsList and found a few listings and sent my information and got a response from a bakery in Lewisville.  I moved to Texas, closed on our house on December 17 and started working at Irene's Bakery  the week after Christmas.

While working at Irene's I learned a lot...but not necessarily about cake decorating...I was working there because a) I needed a job b) I wasn't ready to open my own place fully and c) It was a good experience of what to do and also what NOT to do.  I worked there for a few months when it started to become more of a conflict of interest because I was getting closer and closer to just going out on my own. So I decided that it was better for me to leave.

So here I am...working my business, trying to get orders.  I know it's going to be slow...but I'm positive that it's going to work.  I love what I do and I hope that shows through in my personality when I talk to customers and also in my work.

I'm strapped in...my tray-table is in it's upright and locked position and I'm ready for this wild ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment